Director of Content
Dignitas – Director of Content
Location: Playa Vista, Los Angeles, CA
We are looking to hire a Director of Content who is passionate about creating engaging live content and possesses strong storyboarding, videography, broadcast, and editing skills. This senior position will oversee our production team comprising both LA-Local and remote employees; develop Dignitas’ broadcast and VOD content strategy; and is capable of directing and producing talent.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to identify and capture interesting content with little oversight, has an interest in League of Legends and/or Counter-Strike, has experience owning entire project life cycles of serial broadcasts or VODs, and has a proven track record successfully managing content teams.
This position will report into the VP of Marketing.
- Own and develop Dignitas’ content strategy
- Curate, manage, and improve Dignitas’ broadcast and VOD capabilities
- Produce engaging live broadcasts and episodic content, directing and producing Dignitas talent
- Expertly manage Dignitas’ production team members, both remote and on-site
- Oversee set-up, functionality and maintenance of live broadcast productions including technical set-up, scripting run of show documents, and directing talent
- Leverage Twitch plug-ins, chat functionalities and various other tools to better engage our audience
- Develop repeatable live stream and serial content featuring our players, influencers and cohesive to our brand’s identity and messaging
- Manage projects from inception to execution, ensuring key deliverables are met efficiently and on-time
- Provide daily video clips geared for social media, brilliantly representing our talent with limited turnaround
- Collaborate with Dignitas departments to create and fulfill partnership deliverables through social media content, episodic content, and live broadcasts.
- Edit short and long-form video footage in a timely manner, incorporating feedback throughout the process
- Minimum of 2 years of digital broadcast production, live TV production and/or video production experience
- Expert level knowledge of live streaming softwares (OBS, Streamlabs, and similar)
- Industry knowledge of content and broadcast best practices, accurately representing core esports titles such as League of Legends, CS:GO and Rocket League
- Advanced skills in editing software (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut)
- Self-organization and management skills, capable of leading multiple on-site and remote staff
- Strong organizational and communicative skills
- Attention to detail – prove this by answering this question in the first line of your cover letter: What is your favorite video game and why?
- Ability to work with quick deadlines and outside of normal 9-5 hours, including weekends
- Strong creative traits, with the ability to conceptualize, relay, and execute innovative ideas
- Knowledgeable about newest social media video trends and content series
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary for a leadership role to commensurate with experience
- Multiple health, dental & vision insurance plans to choose from
- Employer paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, and Long-term Disability policies
- 401(k) match program
- Employee equity program
- Generous Paid Time Off and Sick Leave policies
- Over 10 company paid holidays a year
APPLY: Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Director of Content" in the subject:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating live production, filming and editing skills
BACKGROUND ON DIGNITAS
Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise with an ownership group led by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, which also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Our other top investors are Fertitta Entertainment, owners of the Houston Rockets, and Delaware North, owners of the Boston Bruins.