League of Legends Team Chef
Job Title: League of Legends Team Chef
Department: Team Operations
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: Senior Manager of Team Operations
About New Meta Entertainment and Dignitas
New Meta Entertainment, Inc (“NME”) is a leading digital sports and entertainment company focused on the gaming industry. NME is the parent company of Dignitas Esports, LLC (“Dignitas”). Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise with an ownership group led by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, which also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Our other top investors are Fertitta Entertainment, owners of the Houston Rockets, and Delaware North, owners of the Boston Bruins.
New Meta Entertainment is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Dignitas is seeking a Team Chef, an individual who will prepare meals for our League of Legends Teams in the team house in Culver City, CA. The Team Chef should be setting up menus and preparing excellent quality, healthy, and freshly prepared meals for our teams. We require the team chef to foster a positive social environment as well as giving them the freedom to be creative with the menu.
This position will report to Dignitas’s Team Operations Manager and Senior Team Operations Manager.
- Love of League of Legends
- Be able to develop positive relationships with players
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English
- Must have the ability to drive from location to location to the team house
- At least 2 years of experience as a chef prior
- Knowledge in a variety of cultured cuisines such as American, Mexican, Italian, Asian, Mediterranean, etc
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare 2 meals a day (Tuesday through Friday) and 1 meal a day (Saturday and Sunday) for our players
- Estimate food and groceries requirements while also shopping weekly for the groceries within the budget
- Plan weekly menus for the team
- Our players have diverse tastes, so our ideal candidate needs to be able to meet their expectations on food
- Ensure quality of food and portion is good and enough
- Maintain records of food costs and inventory in a google sheet for the company to see
- Driving to the house at least 2x a day to prepare in the team house kitchen, or deliver the meals
- Following industry cleanliness and safety guidelines before and after food are prepared
- Ensure that all kitchen utensils, tools, and cooking ware is cleaned and stored properly after use
- Inspect food storage for freshness and discard expired or out of date items
- Must be willing and able to live and work in Los Angeles for ~24 weeks of the year, leading up to and during the LCS Competitive Splits
- Must be willing and able to travel for any international competitions that the team qualifies for
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Respond to the following question in your application email;
- Are you a team player?
APPLY: Email the following materials to email@example.com and include "League of Legends Team Chef" in the subject line.