Performance Coach (LA)
Job Title: Performance Coach (LA)
Department: Team Operations
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: Director of Esports
About New Meta Entertainment and Dignitas
New Meta Entertainment, Inc (“NME”) is a leading digital sports and entertainment company focused on the gaming industry. NME is the parent company of Dignitas Esports, LLC (“Dignitas”). Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise with an ownership group led by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, which also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Our other top investors are Fertitta Entertainment, owners of the Houston Rockets, and Delaware North, owners of the Boston Bruins.
New Meta Entertainment is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The role of Performance Coach is to develop performance programs in conjunction with the Head Coach and instruct our athletes in the necessary areas to realize individual and team success. The coach should be expected to provide a foundation for integrity, pride of accomplishment, sportsmanship, self-discipline, goal setting, teamwork and self-confidence. The role focuses primarily on League of Legends, but will also hold sessions with other teams.
The role focuses on the mental performance aspect of competition, as well as the physical health and wellbeing of the athletes themselves. This position reports to the Director of Esports.
- Develop conditioning programs that address demands of the esports.
- Provide direct instruction to all athletes, as well as providing assessment and documentation tools, in order to assure proper explanation of training techniques.
- Conduct orientation sessions for all teams by explaining/demonstrating modalities of physical training used for each varsity program.
- Responsible for continuous reporting of athletes’ status on a routine basis.
- Regularly meet with athletes to discuss their mental state and help them reach optimal performance.
- Support and communicate with team staff athlete needs.
- Provide educational support regarding nutritional and supplemental products and reinforce a drug free environment, in accordance with FDA recommendations, LCS guidelines.
- Work in conjunction with coaching staff in order to implement all aspects of training including scheduling, technique training, supervision, and goal setting.
- Recommend facility upgrades and improvements including the recommendation to purchase of equipment.
Skills and Knowledge
- The ideal candidate has a BS in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Physical Education, Health Sciences, or Athletic Training and/or a current accredited certification as a Personal Trainer or Strength & Conditioning Specialist.
- Current CSCS certification is preferred but not required.
- Passion for training, esports + gaming and performance enhancement is a MUST.
- Previous athlete training experience is a plus.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-confident, resilient and enthusiastic.
- Flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within the company.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks.
- Minimal travel required (<5% time). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Dignitas Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
- Multiple health, dental & vision insurance plans to choose from with generous company subsidy
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, and Long-term Disability policies
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Over 10 company paid holidays a year
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Respond to the following question in your application email;
- What is your proudest achievement?
APPLY: Email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Performance Coach (LA)" in the subject line.