Senior Social Media Manager
Job Title: Senior Social Media Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
About New Meta Entertainment and Dignitas New Meta Entertainment, Inc (“NME”) is a leading digital sports and entertainment company focused on the gaming industry. NME is the parent company of Dignitas Esports, LLC (“Dignitas”). Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise with an ownership group led by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, which also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Our other top investors are Fertitta Entertainment, owners of the Houston Rockets, and Delaware North, owners of the Boston Bruins.
New Meta Entertainment is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Senior Social Media Manager is responsible for managing the development of Dignitas’ marketing and social media initiatives. Developing marketing strategies, creating, and implementing social media plans, creating copy and executing digital marketing activations for our partners will be core tasks of this position. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a background in esports and gaming, with experience building and managing large communities through online platforms.
- Lead Dignitas’ day-to-day communications through social media, keeping our fans active and engaged
- Growing and maintaining a community through active social listening and consistent brand messaging
- Collaborate with the VP of Marketing to create a comprehensive social media strategy and brand voice
- Managing daily, weekly, and monthly social media plans in support of major organizational objectives
- Implementing social media policies and practices including market research, competitor analyses, and strategy building
- Supporting Partnerships in establishing marketing direction and rationale through promotional
- Use data to develop a social media strategy, identify trends, provide insight, and execute your recommendations to grow all of our social channels and engagements
- Manage junior social media staff
Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge and passion of esports and gaming, specifically League of Legends and Counter-Strike:Global Offensive
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing or a related discipline
- 4+ years of social media experience and a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to build effective single and multi-year marketing strategies, with success metrics and KPIs
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Must work effectively with Senior-level executives and staff; must also be able to work independently
- Must have a strong interpersonal skills and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality
- Required travel would be rare (<5% time). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Dignitas Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
- Multiple health, dental & vision insurance plans to choose from with generous company subsidy
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, and Long-term Disability policies
- 401(k) match program
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Over 10 company paid holidays a year
APPLY: Email your resume to email@example.com and include "Sr. Social Media Manager" in the subject line.