Social Media Coordinator
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator (Part-Time or Full-Time)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: VP of Marketing
About New Meta Entertainment and Dignitas New Meta Entertainment, Inc (“NME”) is a leading digital sports and entertainment company focused on the gaming industry. NME is the parent company of Dignitas Esports, LLC (“Dignitas”). Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise with an ownership group led by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, which also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Our other top investors are Fertitta Entertainment, owners of the Houston Rockets, and Delaware North, owners of the Boston Bruins.
New Meta Entertainment is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for implementing strategies and activities on the various Dignitas social platforms, growing our community through engaging content narratives and responses. The role’s core focus will be maintaining day-to-day communication, reporting match results, and acting as a live representative of the greater Dignitas brand through all social media outlets.
Key Candidate Attributes
- Team Player: You are able to mesh with any team dynamic to get the job done, aligning efforts across multiple departments
- Analytical: You like to understand the ‘why’ behind performance, and incessantly try to learn through data
- Innovative: You are not afraid to test and learn, delving into the unknown for the betterment of our brands
- Communicative: You know how to speak to our community, and can help us increase our audience through keeping fans engaged
- Esports-Savvy: You know your MOBAs, FPS’, Auto Battlers, and more. You are able to resonate with our core audience through authentic knowledge and are a subject matter expert in gaming
- Meme-Worthy: You have a deep culture in popular meme culture and can identify meta trends before they hit. You’ve farmed countless internet points through Reddit and similar platforms and can arm our social voice with viral-ready ideas.
- Collaborate with Marketing department on planning and execution of social media, social listening, and community engagement initiatives
- Live-reporting during Dignitas’ matches across a variety of esports, including: League of Legends, CS:GO, Valorant, Rocket League, Clash Royale and Smash Brothers
- Curating our day-to-day communications through social media, keeping our fans active and engaged
- Discord community management
- Supporting Partnerships through delivery of community-focused needs
- Tracking analytics and performance of social promotions and activities
- Coordinating and managing PR (press releases, product announcements, press industry analyst meetings) with Sr. Social Media Manager and VP of Marketing
Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of experience and a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Prior Community Management experience
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Must work effectively with Senior-level executives and staff; must also be able to work independently
- Must have a strong interpersonal skills and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse
range of individuals
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Required travel would be rare (<5% time). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Dignitas Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
APPLY: Email your resume to email@example.com and include "Social Media Coordinator (PT)" if you are applying for a part-time role or "Social Media Coordinator (FT)" if you are applying for a full-time role in the subject line.